Edmonton Forum

Mobile View
Forum»Arts and Culture
Only logged-in users can post. Login  Register

Is Art Practical?

kesizewiView Profile
Post time: 2018-04-19 06:03 am
HI,

Maybe there are people who think that art is not practical.Why?They think that art is emotional. They think that practical is about logical problem solving. So they want to say that art is not practical.But why do they have to think like that? Whydo they have to think that art is not practical? To me, a practical person is a very emotional person. And before, I asked practical question. What is a practical question? A practical question is a question that is relevant to us.And since we have feelings and desires, therefore I feel a practical person is a very emotional person. To me, a scientist may have feelings or desires to write or to talk about what he wants to express. Evan pure theorist has emotion, where he likes idea. So even when Plato dislikes emotion, but that is also his emotion, where he likes ideas and where he dislikes feelings or desires!And I do not think emotion is harmful to us. To me, an emotion is just an emotion, whether love, anger, passion, hatred or desire; an emotion is just an emotion, where there is no right and no wrong.Why are there people who love art? Because of feelings or desire. Why are there people who want to build bridges? Because of desire. A practical engineer who asks whether is there a better way of doing springs from his desire, just like a painter acts from his desire.And so why are there people who think that art is not practical?
Is it irrational to think that art is practical?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://onlinephilosophyclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7048
Promotional video production agency

Thanks!

----------------
Signature: (This user did not write a signature.) Reply   
Only logged-in users can post. Login  Register