logo-edmonton students bb

Edmonton Forum

Mobile View
Forum»Student General Forum
Only logged-in users can post. Login  Register

How to inspire students to quit smoking?

DonnieclarkView Profile
Post time: 2017-12-16 01:25 am
Hello,
There is a strange (to me) fad at the small university where I teach. It's a small liberal arts college, 60 students total -- so everybody knows everybody.
At some schools, students hug a lot. At others, they wear smiley buttons or stripey socks or whatnot.
At our school, they smoke. Nearly all of them. Those that were non-smokers start within weeks of joining the school. I'd say two thirds of them are smokers. I find it strange in this day and age when it's supposed to be fading out -- yes, even in Central and Eastern Europe.
They have a ping pong table, darts, nice new computer and study room, but if anything it only gets worse - it is THE socializing thing at the school. We are negotiating a swimming pool access for our students, I have a movie club going.... but none of those tend to break this habbit down whatsoever.
Any tips? Not that I have to break it... they are adults and responsible for self. But it is a result of silly peer pressure and if something non-invasive and positive can be done, then why not try.

I hope someone can help.
Please help.
Thanks,
I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.
References:https://able2know.org/topic/137777-1

Business Promotional Video

----------------
Signature: (This user did not write a signature.) Reply   
Only logged-in users can post. Login  Register